Do You Qualify?

Yes. Everyone in need will be served. There are income requirements to receive government food but all other food is served without restriction. You may come in for food once a month.

What to bring: You will need to bring proof of current address, such as a phone bill, utility bill or rental agreement. Also you will need to bring current identification for all those residing in the household--picture ID for all the adults and ID (social security card, medical coupon, birth certificate, etc.) for all the children. You need to bring these items with you every time you come to the food bank.

What food bank do I go to?

We serve all the city of Des Moines. We also serve the city of SeaTac north to 160th Street. (North of 160th Street in SeaTac is served by the Highline Area Food Bank, located at 18300 4th Avenue South in Burien.)  We also serve the west hill in the city of Kent--west of Orillia Road between 188th Street and Kent-Des Moines Road.

If you have a question about which food bank serves your area, call us at 206-878-2660 and we will be happy to refer you to the appropriate location.


Handicapped parking is available in the food bank parking lot. If special assistance is necessary, please check in with food bank staff and they will arrange for a volunteer to help. A handicapped restroom is available on the upper floor (enter from street level or use elevator in the breezeway).

For those that are hearing impaired, please use the Sprint Washington Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) by calling 800-833-6388 (TTY), or 800-833-6384 (Voice).

Des Moines Area Food Bank

22225 9th Avenue South,

Des Moines, WA 98198

Telephone:  206-878-2660

Fax 206-878-2661


How to Find Us

Emergency food service for those in need in the city of Des Moines, Washington, most of Seatac, and the west hill of Kent, Washington.